At South Kirkby Academy, we believe that physical education allows pupils to learn about themselves, the importance of a healthy lifestyle, self-expression and concepts such as fair play and respect. It also contributes to the development of a range of important cognitive skills such as decision making and analysis, and social skills such as teamwork and communication.
We believe that sport and PE in our school helps to promote our school key values: dedication, aspiration, co-operation and inspiration.
Physical education at our school encourages pupils to be active and supports them in their understanding of how to participate safely and effectively. The pupils understand the barriers to participation and are dedicated to overcome these for themselves and others. Our PE programme is inclusive and ensures that pupils of all abilities access the range of activities we offer.
Key aims across the school:
All pupils at South Kirkby Academy are entitled to benefit from high quality PE provision and we aim to ensure all pupils are aware of the benefits of PE and sport in school.
- To provide a well-balanced programme of physical education which will include; games, gymnastics and dance, athletics, outdoor adventures and swimming.
- To contribute to healthy and active lifestyles, improving emotional well-being, reducing poor behaviour and increasing attendance.
- To promote a positive attitude to health and hygiene.
- To instil that regular participation in sport and physical activity can help to reduce the risk of heart failure; improve physical fitness; help with weight management and promote good health.
- To develop key skills such as leadership, confidence and co-operation through engaging in competitive sports and activities.
- To provide pupils with access to physical activity for life, inspiring them to be dedicated within their work to ensure a good foundation for future PE and sport.
Curriculum Mapping Overview for PE 2018 - 2019
Sports Premium Evaluation 2017 - 2018