This half term's curriculum theme is: WAR & PEACE!
Our Curriculum Vision
South Kirkby Academy’s curriculum reflects the needs of our pupils, and our community, in order to promote learning, and personal growth and development. It includes not only the formal requirements of the National Curriculum, but also the enriching extra-curricular activities that the school organises in order to widen and build on every child's experience.
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens. We achieve through the highest of expectations encouraging all to attain excellence. We learn together as a community through inspirational experiences. Our teachers are caring and dedicated and prepare our children with the skills to succeed as lifelong learners and leaders of the future.
Our 4 Key Values
DEDICATION - We strive to do our best!
Everyone has high expectations of themselves and others and their learning is active to grasp every opportunity possible. Daily reflection allows pupils and teachers to plan and strive for improvement. Pupils’ individual skills are developed giving them the confidence to aim high.
ASPIRATION - We achieve success!
Achievement is constantly recognised and celebrated. Everyone is clear about their next steps to success. Key skills within the curriculum allow pupils to prepare for their future. We aim for consistently high standards of teaching and learning for excellent progress.
CO-OPERATION - We work together as a team!
Parents and carers are involved in the life of the school and community. Our surrounding community offers us a variety of learning opportunities across the curriculum and we are committed to helping and supporting one another. Throughout the school community, everyone communicates clearly and calmly and behaviour is consistently good and better.
INSPIRATION - We are excited about our learning.
Everyone has equal access to rich learning opportunities. High level of challenges motivate and develop thinking skills. The school environment gives learning real context and develops imagination. Learning is enjoyable and attendance is good.
Curriculum Intent Statement
South Kirkby Academy’s curriculum is designed to ensure that every child succeeds as global citizens of the future no matter what their starting point is.
The aims of our curriculum are:
- To enable all children to learn, and develop their skills, to the best of their ability;
- To promote a positive attitude towards learning, so that children enjoy coming to school, and acquire a solid basis for lifelong learning;
- To teach children the basic skills of literacy, mathematics and computing;
- To provide planned opportunities for children to apply the basic skills across the curriculum;
- To enable children to be creative and to develop their own thinking and growth mindset;
- To teach children about the developing world, including how their environment and society have changed over time;
- To help children understand Britain's cultural heritage;
- To appreciate and value the contribution made by all ethnic groups in our multi-cultural society;
- To enable children to be positive citizens who can independently problem solve;
- To fulfil all the requirements of the National Curriculum and our Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education;
- To teach children to have an awareness of their own spiritual development, and to distinguish right from wrong;
- To teach children to have an awareness of their own and other’s well-being through mindfulness;
- To teach children to have an awareness of the importance of standard English and to have an awareness and confidence to speak another foreign language;
- To help children understand the importance of truth and fairness, so that they grow up committed to equal opportunities for all;
- To enable children to have respect for themselves and high self-esteem, and to live and work cooperatively with others.
|Autumn 2019/20||Spring 2019/20||Summer 2019/20|
Citizenship and Democracy
Freedom and Diversity
If you require any further information about our curriculum at SKA, please contact a member of the SLT through the school telephone number below or by email: email@example.com