Please click the policy heading to access our school policies.
Late Collection of Children by Parents and Carers Policy
The Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) is a statutory post. All allegations against people who work with children (whether paid or voluntary) must be reported to the LADO on 01924 302155. These allegations must fall within the scope of the procedure which is:
- Where an individual may have behaved in a way that has harmed, or may harm a child
- Where an individual has possibly committed a criminal offence against a child
- Where an individual has behaved in a way that indicates he or she is unsuitable to work with children
It is the role of the LADO to manage and have oversight of any such allegations, regardless of the agency that the person works for.
Designated Officer (LADO)
All of our staff receive accredited Team Teach training which is renewed every 36 months.
Team Teach is a training course in the reduction of risk, restraint and restriction.
For more information go to: www.Team-Teach.co.uk
'Leaders ensure that staff are well trained in identifying pupils at risk of harm and responding appropriately. The school’s arrangements for safeguarding pupils meet statutory requirements.'
OFSTED September 2014
As part of South Kirkby Academy's commitment to safeguarding and child protection we fully support the government's Prevent Strategy, and take guidance from Teaching Approaches to help build resilience to extremism.
Police Prevent Officer: DC Gary Blezard
For advice and guidance please contact: Communities.Prevent@wakefield.gcsx.gov.uk
What is the Prevent Strategy?
The Prevent strategy is a government strategy designed to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism. It:
- responds to the ideological challenge we face from terrorism and aspects of extremism, and the threat we face from those who promote these views
- provides practical help to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism and ensure they are given appropriate advice and support
- works with a wide range of sectors (including education, criminal justice, faith, charities, online and health)
SKA Safeguarding Team
Designated Safeguarding Officer is: Mrs Borthwick (SENCO)
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer:
Miss Lodge (SMSC Leader)
Mrs Walsh (Assistant Headteacher)
Miss Travis (Headteacher)
Safeguarding Governor: Mrs Nunns
Safeguarding Support Team:
Miss Jones (Learning Mentor)
Mrs Studd (Attendance Officer)
EWO - Waterton TRUST:
Walton Primary Academy
Local Contact Details
Social Care Direct
Phone; 0345 8503 503
Minicom: 01924 303450 (type talk welcome)
Local Early Help
Hemsworth Children's First Hub
Phone; 01977 723165
NSPCC Primary schools service
Michelle Poucher. Area Coordinator
07834 498 354 email@example.com
CSE Procedures and Information
CSE Police Team
Lead: DS 5181 Jim Harrison
Based at Havertop Police Station - Normanton 01924 878272
Child Missing Education Officers
Francesca Hunter firstname.lastname@example.org 01924 307449
George Sykes email@example.com 01924 3037395
Virtual Head for LAC
Safeguarding Advisor for Education
Continuum of Need document;
Signs of Safety webpage;
Safeguarding Information webpage for schools; TRAINING, TEMPLATES, AUDIT etc